Friday, February 10, 2006

"Studio 60": Interview with Amanda Peet, Script Update

Broadway.com has an interview with "Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip" cast member Amanda Peet:
"Speaking of reponding, how do you feel about being cast in the new Aaron Sorkin TV show, Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip?

Well, when I read the script, I was just floored. I'd been looking for a really good role in a really good script, which is very hard to come by unless you're, you know, Naomi Watts. So I was like, "Oh, no... this is really, really, really good. But I'm not sure I should persue it and blah, blah, blah." And afterward, my fiance–you know, he's a writer–he read it. Then he walked into the room holding the script, and he looked like he'd been shot. He said, "This is one of the best things I've ever read."

And you're going to be with Matthew Perry again.
Yup, gonna be with my old pal! He's been a dear friend since we did The Whole Ten Yards. And over the years he was always saying, "We should do a TV show like Moonlighting together.' And both of us would laugh and go, "Oh, maybe eventually that'll happen.' So when this happened we were laughing and saying–in our wildest dreams–we could have never imagined a scenario that was this amazing. To be picked by Aaron Sorkin is such an honor. I'm only hoping to follow in the footsteps of Allison Janney and Felicity Huffman. That's my goal.

Hey, two actresses who found their footing in the theater!
Yeah, but for me... I think I'll need some topstick tape on my shoes!"

****
A poster at the Aaron Sorkin Group is in posession of the full original script for "Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip" (then called "Studio 7 on the Sunset Strip". For further information, join the group and contact that person.


First Casting Announcements
Previous Casting Updates
Various "Studio 7" Updates
Matthew Perry Rumor
Round-Up of Info
Casting Info
Info on accessing the audition script.
Praise for the show
Announcement


"Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip" Discussion at "Television Without Pity"

No comments: