Friday, February 10, 2006

Bradley Whitford To Speak at American University, Russ Feingold Comment and "Clothes Off our Back"

Click here for the official announcement from American University:
"Monday Febuary 13th, 2005 at 7:30 pm
Bender Arena

For more information Please Contact KPU Director Genevieve Frye at (202)-885-6416 or kpu@ausg.org "

From American University's newspaper "The Eagle":
"In other SG news, the Kennedy Political Union announced Tuesday that this years Founder's Week speaker will be actor Bradley Whitford. Whitford is known for his role as Josh Lyman on NBC's "The West Wing," which was recently canceled after seven seasons.

"We're thrilled to be bringing him," said Genevieve Frye, the director of KPU. The event will be Monday, Feb. 13 in Bender Arena. "




From zestykiwis livejournal:
"Best thing to ever happen to AU (American University)-

BRADLEY WHITFORD IS COMING TO MY SCHOOL


For those of you who my not be privileged enough to know who that is, he plays Josh Lyman on The West Wing and I am absolutly in love with him. He's my middle age guy crush. So this news makes me happier than anything in my entire life. the chance to see him, have him speak to me, possibly go up and get a picture.....! February 13 will be the best day of my life."


From the American University Livejournal:
"I read that Bradley Whitford is going to speak at Bender Arena on the 13th during Founders Week; is this exclusively for students? I'm going to be in DC from the 12th to the 14th and desperately want to attend. Is this at all possible?
****
The event is open to anyone, but only persons with an AUID can get in for free. For all others the cost is $7.
***
I think you can get [tickets] at the door, but e-mail kpu@ausg.org to be sure."

plunker posted at Television Without Pity:
"Bradley Whitford is speaking as part of a guest speaker series that we have at American University. I know that they have been working on the appearance since October or so, so I doubt it has much if anything to do with John Spencer. It'll be a 30-45 speech then 30-45 Q and A. I'm so pumped, one of my friends got me into the reception to meet him!! The heck with class, I'm going to this!"

From the American University Admission's Blog:
"There are lots of exciting things happening around AU right now. Since NBC decided to cancel the show The West Wing , a lot of students around campus are waiting to hear when the show will be shooting its final D.C. episode. As if that wasn't exciting enough, Bradley Whitford, Josh on the show, will be coming to AU's campus to talk about his experience on the show. Unfortunately he's coming at the same time as I'm supposed to have my statistics class, but I'm hopeful that my professor will let me go."

Any reports of this are welcome here by e-mail or at Television Without Pity.


From the Wisconsin State Journal (on a "Vogue" profile of Senator Russ Feingold):
"The article flits between policy (Feingold's votes against the Patriot Act and support of campaign finance reform) to his reputation as a "goo goo," Beltway slang for goody-goody. Bradley Whitford (the Madison native who plays Josh on "West Wing") is quoted: "I've never felt that Russ is acting, which as an actor is something I appreciate." Whitford's wife, actress Jane Kaczmarek, calls Feingold "very sexy." Apparently the author agrees, writing: "In person, Feingold cuts an attractive figure, natty and trim ("I'm a swimmer") with vulpine good looks."

The Clothes Off Our Backs organization started by Bradley Whitford and his wife, Jane Kaczmarek, has opened a new auction of clothes won by celebrities to the Golden Globes, Screen Actors Guild Awards and the Sundance Film Festival to benefit charities. The auction includes items from Bradley Whitford and Rob Lowe.

From Bay Windows:
"I asked Jane Kaczmarek where hubby Bradley Whitford was. “He’s home watching the kids.” Who was with her? “My oldest daughter and our babysitter.” So while Bradley was home, the person who normally watches the kids is at the Golden Globes? That’s some job! When I asked Jane if the babysitter was on the clock, she laughed and said, “I brought her to the Golden Globes, and she’s wearing one of my dresses — I think that’s enough!”

No comments: