Thursday, September 22, 2005

"West Wing" Fans at George Washington University

From the GW Hatchet:
"Since arriving back to GW, my roommates have watched not one, not two, but three seasons of 'The West Wing.' Rather than pooling money together for rum and coke, they reach into their wallets to buy one more season on DVD. This isn't the first time I've seen people close to me suffer from 'West Wing' Addiction, or WWA. My father, a man who has lived nearly 47 years and voted only once, owns four seasons of the Emmy Award-winning series.

My roommate's girlfriend watches because she thinks Josh and Sam are dreamy, but I know the hearts of my friends and my father aren't throbbing over the good looks of President Bartlett's staff. I think their hearts are beating a little bit faster for another reason. Their hearts are skipping the same way America's heart skipped when FDR declared, 'We have nothing to fear but fear itself,' and JFK reminded us to 'Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country.'"