Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Stockard Channing in "3 Needles"

This film will open the 25th Atlantic Film Festival.

Interview
with Stockard Channing:

"Are you consciously looking for comedic roles because you have a sitcom coming up too?
That was another thing. Abigail [from West Wing] has her witty moments but I think basically the whole show is not exactly a side-splitter. So when the sitcom came I just looked at that so that’s I guess where it came from.
....

What about West Wing… will your character be coming back?
I have a commitment to them for 3 episodes. It’s funny, I had dinner with my dear friend John Spencer last night and I’m not in the first episode, but he’s at the beginning of it and he was telling me about it and I thought this sounds very hot because I think this is definitely the last year of West Wing. And I think it’s sort of great that they can say that because I think people will start watching again. And they can do whatever they want because they don’t have to wait around for the acts to fall or whatever and having that natural end to it I think will only help the series.

Will you be sad at all when that chapter comes to close?
Oh sure, we all were. I think the end of last year when we were aware of that transition was for everyone in their own way kind of bittersweet, but it’s also what the show’s about, one administration ends and another begins. That’s the nature of the reality of the office. Now I think they’re going to examine the implications of that in terms of the characters. But I’ve always been slightly tangential to the series anyway, I mean not out of my choice, but just the way my character works, etc… I can’t imagine what’s it’s like for someone showing up every day for the past 6 years."

No comments: