Thursday, July 21, 2005

First Lady only in three episodes?

Michael Ausiello from TV Guide reports:

"3:11 Scoop! Leading lady Stockard Channing says she's committed to three episodes of The West Wing next season, adding, "I think [the Bartlet administration] will be gone by Christmas."

From the Boston Herald:
"Of the Emmy nod, Channing said, ``It's very moving this time because my time is ending on the show, so I was very honored.''"

From the Houston Chronicle:
"Stockard Channing has enjoyed a six-year run playing the wife of President Josiah Bartlet on NBC's The West Wing. But "when all those crates were being packed in the White House, you kind of get the hint" that her future on the show was limited....."I wasn't looking to do a sitcom," she said. "I guess the phone rings, and your life changes. That's how it is to be in show business. I had to be reminded of that because I've been connected to the same wonderful bunch of people for six years. But that is the way of the world.""


Mercury News:

"And when will the Bartlets be leaving office?

"I think they'll be gone by Christmas,'' says Channing. "But I don't know. I shouldn't really speak for them because it's a very interesting forum they're playing with this year. I don't think we've ever seen that kind of forum on television before, so how are they are going to play it? I think they don't really know yet.''"

No comments: